Khajjiar is one of the best places to stay in Himachal Pradesh. If you are going for a family holiday to Dalhousie you must visit Khajjiar also. It is called THE MINI SWITZERLAND of India. In 1992 Mr. Wily T. Blazer was invited to visit Khajjiar. He was the vice counselor of Switzerland. He announced Khajjiar as mini Switzerland on the world tourism map. He took a piece of stone from Khajjiar to Swiss parliament and added it to the stone collage. This made the Swiss parliament to remember Khajjiar as a mini Switzerland in India. It is situated in Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh. It is 24 km away from Dalhousie. This majestic is all over surrounded by meadows and forests. It is elevated at 6500 feet above the sea level. It is 572 km away from Delhi. This take around 11 hours to visit Khajjiar from Delhi via road.
You don’t have to worry about your stay in Khajjiar. There are comfortable places to stay in Khajjiar. There are few cottages and hotels that are run by Himachal Pradesh tourism. Nowadays many private hotels are also established to make your stay comfortable and joyful in Khajjiar. There are also two rest houses built by P.W.D. and forest department. Food served is also of good quality and moreover, it’s hygienic too. There are many hotels that provide you with the best Indian food.
The best thing about this panoramic hill station is that you can roam around freely enjoying the pleasant climate. People love to come here with their families. The environment here gives them some pleasant time and peace of mind. Nature of beauty in Khajjiar will make your heart-struck. There are many places to explore in Khajjiar with your family:
1. Adventurous world of Khajjiar: Khajjiar is filled with adventure sports. You can enjoy different sports like horse riding, paragliding, and zorbing in Khajjiar. Zorbing is something new that you can enjoy doing in Khajjiar. It is an ideal place for zorbing due to its huge meadows and beautiful valleys. If you want to enjoy zorbing do visit here only in summers. Adventure sports in Khajjiar are not too costly. It’s one of the best places for you if you love adventures.
2. Khajjiar Lake: The majestic lake of Khajjiar is situated in Chambal district Himachal Pradesh. It is one of the best places to visit in Khajjiar. This lake is in the lap of the beautiful environment. Fully surrounded by breathtaking hills and snowy clouds this lake will make your jaws drop. If you are lucky enough and the weather is clear you can see a glimpse of mount Kailas from the crystal clear water of the lake. This lake is a true example of heaven on earth.
3. Khajji Nag temple: Khaji nag temple is situated near the Khajjiar lake> it was built in the 12th century. This temple is one of the holiest temples in Himachal state. This holy temple is dedicated to lord khaji nag. The beautiful infrastructure of this temple makes it looks more magnificent. Temple is full of beautiful statues of Lord Shiva and goddess Hidimba.
4. Kalatop wildlife sanctuary: Kalatop is a house for many animals. You can see a variety of animals in this sanctuary. Animals like barking goral, leopard, bear, deer, jackal, langur, and many more beautiful birds can be spotted in this wildlife sanctuary. It is home for many beautiful florae also. Various kinds of herbs, trees, and species of plants can be seen in this sanctuary. You can visit this sanctuary all days of the week between the timings of 7:00 am to 6:00 pm. You can have a great time with your family in the surroundings of the beautiful nature of Indian forests.
5. The Khajjiar trek: Do you love trekking? Khajjiar trek is one of the best treks in Himachal Pradesh. It is a 14km trek surrounded by beautiful landscapes. Deodar and pine trees and pleasant weather will make your trek more exciting. It is best to place for adventure loving people. Trek is a bit difficult.
6. The magnanimous lord Shiva statue: It is a huge statue of Hindu god Lord Shiva. Its height is near to 85ft leaving you awestruck. This statue is polished in bronze. In summers nearly in the month of June or July temples nearby, this statue organize great functions. In winters statue is covered with snow. You can visit there with your family anytime and have some great clicks.
7. Golden Devi temple: It is a beautiful temple situated in kajjiar of Chamba district. It is nearby the Khajjiar Lake. It is one of the most visited places in Khajjiar. Surrounded by beautiful landscapes this temple has many religious believes. Made up of the golden dome this temple looks perfect. Nearby you can also visit a golf course. The golf course is filled of scenic views surrounded by greenery all over.